Check Register Seminar Notes
This is a list of notes pertaining to the Check Register Seminar.
After Class Notes
These are a few things I added to the database after I finished the seminar videos. You should be aware of them.
- I added a sorting level in the batch check report. You wouldn't want to print checks out of order.
- On the printed check reports (both of them) I moved the check number down by the note field. Most computer checks will have the check number pre-printed on it (and in the MICR ink on the bottom with the routing and account numbers). This way you can easily match up your number with the number printed on the check.
- I cleared the sample data from the template. Of course Access Learning Zone is still a payee. Feel free to test your checks by printing me one and mailing it to the address shown. Thank you.
- After recording the videos and using the database for a while, I decided not to make the Description field required. You may want to leave that blank or change it entirely. The reporting is still all based on Payee, so it really doesn't matter too much what goes in the Description field on the check.
- Had to add one line to the AfterUpdate event for the Debit field on the CheckRegF so that the Print Check button would appear once the debit amount was entered.
Here are some ideas I have for Part 2. Let me know what you think
- Enter checks without specifying a check number. This would be handy if you have a bunch of checks to print, but you don't know offhand what the next check number should be. You can enter them all in, then when you go to batch print the checks, enter in what the first check number is. They will then be auto-assigned.
- Bank download and import. What are your thoughts?
- Summary expense report without payee groups and details - just category totals
- List of missing check numbers
- Integration with the ABCD (this is coming anyways, but I'd like to know how many people are interested - the more, the faster I do it)
Bug Fixes Needed
Find a problem let me know.
Questions or Comments
Got em? Post em here.