Richard... I'm gonna make a long story short. For 2 months or more I have been fighting a war against Access over a combo box that would (or could) not fill fields (4 of them) on a form and write them to a table. I used DLookup, and I also tried using the column number to fill those fields. The DLookup and column code worked fine with unbound text fields on the form, but not with fields bound to the table. I could manually fill the fields, and the data saved to the table. After a month of searching the internet for text or video help, I became a member of your group. That's where I came across your troubleshooting checklist. Within 2 weeks I had gone through the first 20 items (repeatedly) , with no resolution. Finally, I decided to try the one I had been dreading most. The Windows reinstall option. I haven't had to do that since Windows 95, and botched it when I did. So this was a most unattractive chore for me. Yesterday, I did it. All my combo box problems disappeared afterward. Everything worked just fine. So... to all who stumble across this, try every step. You just might come out a winner. Thanks, Richard, for posting your checklist. It worked.
Few people enjoy having to reinstall Windows. I personally hate it. But sometimes it's a necessary evil. You may have had a corrupted Registry entry or a bad DLL file. Any number of things can cause issues. Best part now is that your whole PC should run faster! Glad the problem is fixed.
Sorry, only students may add comments.
Click here for more
information on how you can set up an account.