Who's Interested in a Gantt Chart Planner for Access?
Hey folks. This is just a quick post to see who's interested in something like this? I put this together for a personal project, and figured some of you might be interested in it. I'm probably not going to take the time to record a step-by-step video on building it. It took me a few hours and I really don't want to do it again, but I'd do a quick walk-thru video to show you the code in case you want to make modifications.
I did a quick Google search and I'm not seeing a lot out there for this in Access, and the few solutions I did see look like you have to install 3rd party components. What I build it strictly using native Access controls (labels, text boxes, etc.) and is fully customizeable.
Let me know, and if there is enough interest I'll package it up as a template. Also, let me know what features you'd like to see added. Right now it's just a simple proof of concept. You enter in a task description and set the start and end dates (with the mouse if you like). Buttons move left and right in time. What else?
I packaged up what I have right now into an ACCDE file you can download to play with. Keep in mind at this point it's just a proof of concept. I'll be adding more features to it as requested.
- Timeline in 15min, 30min, hours, days, weeks, months, quarters - I guess the best thing to do would to pick an interval (minute, hour, day, etc.) and how many of those to make each block.
- Hide weekends
- Assign category, each with color
- Mouse hover tooltips with description
- Mouse drag to assign hours (not sure I can do this)
- Complex Scheduling
- Tasks can optionally have a ProjectID and a CustomerID if assigned to a project/customer
- Tasks can optionally have one or more EmployeeIDs (analogous to shift hours for scheduling)
- Option to not have same employee scheduled for more than 1 task at once (for scheduling purposes - no overlaps)
- Add your ideas here.