Access SQL Server Lessons
Welcome to the Access SQL Server Online Seminar. Total running time is 4 hours, 13 minutes.
- Addendum 1: if you have a yes/no value in Access, it will get changed to a bit value on the server. If you don't specify a default value, you won't be able to delete records. Also show how to use GETDATE() to provide default date/time at the server level.
- Addendum 2:
- Moved passwords to a global module to make them easier to update
- Added a TimerInterval change to the Main Menu On Load event
- You will need the dbSeeChanges option if you use a Recordset to a linked table on SQL Server
- More with SQL Server not liking Yes/No fields. Not only will you not be able to delete them as in Addendum 1, but they could potentially lock your whole table. So, I'll show you how to remove NULL values with an update query (instead of just deleting them like I did in Addendum 1), set the Allow Nulls property on the server, set the default value on the server and in your Access forms, and other stuff.
- How to change text throughout the table with the REPLACE and CAST functions in SQL
Subscribe For Updates!
Make sure you click on the SUBSCRIBE button below! You'll also get an email every time a comment is posted.
Please feel free to post your questions or comments below. If you have a questions about a specific lesson, please specify the lesson number and the time index in the lesson where the issue occurs. Thank you!
You may want to read these articles from the 599CD News:
Keywords: access seminar access sql server online