Access SQL Seminar Part 1
By Richard Rost
10 years ago
This seminar will teach you the basics of the SQL programming language. You will learn how to construct SELECT queries, filter and sort your results, and use basic SQL commands and operators.
This seminar was developed to teach you how to use the SQL language to enhance your Access databases. As I create more and more advanced Access seminars, I see that it's VITAL for my students to have a firm grasp of the SQL language. Knowing just a little bit of SQL can help you tremendously. You can use SQL to enhance your forms and reports. You can create dynamic SQL statements to change list and combo box data on the fly. Plus, you can reduce the clutter in your database by getting rid of "saved" queries.
This seminar has several goals. You will:
1. Learn about SQL and what it is
2. Discover why you should learn to program in SQL
3. Create basic SQL SELECT statements
4. Learn the FROM, WHERE, and ORDER BY clauses
5. Use the SQL operators and keywords such as AND, OR, and IS NULL
6. Work with the LIKE command and wildcard characters
7. Learn the IN, DISTINCT, DISTINCTROW, and other commands
8. Build a list box with a dynamic SQL sort
7. Create a form with a dynamic SQL RowSource
Show Older Comments...
View in Table Format
You may want to read these articles from the 599CD News:
Keywords: access sql structured query language
Page Tag: whatsnew