Free Lessons
Courses
Seminars
TechHelp
Fast Tips
Templates
Topic Index
Forum
ABCD
 
Home   Courses   Index   Templates   Seminars   TechHelp   Forums   Help   Contact   Join   Order   Logon  
 
Home > TechHelp > Directory > Access > Split Database < Nested Subforms | Update Query >
Back to Split Your Database    Comments List
Access cannot made an ACCDE Upload Images   Link   Email  
Debra Triolo         
17 months ago
Help! I split my database but when I go to make the encrypted front end copy - it says that "Microsfot Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde, or .ade file."  

Help! What is the issue?  I have it being saved in the same folder as the backend. The admin copy is NOT in the same folder ( it was originally but I moved it out thinking maybe that was the issue). I need to get this back up and running today-- please help!
Kevin Robertson            
17 months ago
In the VB Editor click Debug -- Compile. There may be errors preventing a successful split.
Scott Axton            
17 months ago
Open the code window and choose Debug -> Compile.
Compact and repair your Front End.

Then try and make your ACCDE again.
Debra Triolo         
17 months ago
Sorry for my delay in responding.  I was able to run the debugger and even though my db has been up and running for weeks, there was an undeclared string that I had copied and pasted into several forms (ugh).  Once the debugger was run it found each instance and I was able to figure out on my own how to rectify it (I did not know before this).  Once I corrected it on every single form...it allowed me to make the ACCDE file.

One very strange thing that did occur though was after the split it caused a strange issue with 2 of my combo boxes that made it appear that data fell out.  It changed the bound column number from 2 to 1- but only on two combo boxes (however those are on just about every form in my db).  So after the split I had to go back in and fix that on any forms where these boxes appeared.  Once I did that all the data 'reappeared'.  Of course it was never really gone- just hidden.  It was still strange though.  

Today, so far, it is running very well. The exclusive database warnings seem to be gone.  We have not had anymore instability errors either.  Splitting the db seemed scary and daunting, but now that its done-- I wish I had done it sooner.  I did not realize that compact and repair does not catch everything...its likely those errors found when I debugged may have been the udnerlying cause of the crash issues prior to the split.
Joshua Rivera      
16 months ago
I had this same issue today. Thank you guys for your feedback and for this post!

This thread is now CLOSED. If you wish to comment, start a NEW discussion in Split Your Database.
 

 
 
 

The following is a paid advertisement
Computer Learning Zone is not responsible for any content shown or offers made by these ads.
 

Learn
 
Access - index
Excel - index
Word - index
Windows - index
PowerPoint - index
Photoshop - index
Visual Basic - index
ASP - index
Seminars
More...
Customers
 
Login
My Account
My Courses
Lost Password
Memberships
Student Databases
Change Email
Info
 
Latest News
New Releases
User Forums
Topic Glossary
Tips & Tricks
Search The Site
Code Vault
Collapse Menus
Help
 
Customer Support
Web Site Tour
FAQs
TechHelp
Consulting Services
About
 
Background
Testimonials
Jobs
Affiliate Program
Richard Rost
Free Lessons
Mailing List
PCResale.NET
Order
 
Video Tutorials
Handbooks
Memberships
Learning Connection
Idiot's Guide to Excel
Volume Discounts
Payment Info
Shipping
Terms of Sale
Contact
 
Contact Info
Support Policy
Mailing Address
Phone Number
Fax Number
Course Survey
Email Richard
[email protected]
Blog RSS Feed    YouTube Channel

LinkedIn
Copyright 2024 by Computer Learning Zone, Amicron, and Richard Rost. All Rights Reserved. Current Time: 6/19/2024 9:45:24 PM. PLT: 1s