Save Position Instructions
Instructions for Setup
Again, be sure to watch the User Guide Video on the previous page for complete instructions. Here is a step-by-step list of written instructions if you prefer this to look back on.
1. Copy StartupF to your database
2. Copy MoveWindowMod to your database
3. Edit MoveWindowMod
4. Set DatabaseApplicationTitle to the name of your database
5. If your main menu is anything other than MainMenuF change that
6. Edit your Main Menu Form
7. Put a button somewhere that calls SaveAppWindowPostion. Click it.
8. Set your database's startup form to StartupF
9. Shut down and restart your database.
If you are using a Database Icon file if it's missing the code won't work. See Check Icon File Code. If there is demand, I may work checking the icon file into v2.
If you use this database on another computer, you may open it to a location that's off your screen. Hold down the SHIFT key to bypass the startup form. Adjust the settings manually in the SettingT (or delete them). Remember these coordinates are relative to your MAIN display monitor.
My code will create a table called SettingT to save settings. You can use this table too if you want. If you already have a SettingT table, you'll need to rename it (or mine, and the related code).
Subscribe to Save Position Instructions
Get notifications when this page is updated